Here are a few things to avoid when ordering and installing self-adhesive wallpaper:
1. Ordering the wrong amount of wallpaper: Make sure to measure your wall accurately and order enough wallpaper to cover the entire surface.
2.Order all wallpaper at once for consistent color and shade: To ensure that the color and shade of your wallpaper is consistent throughout your space, it is recommended to order all the wallpaper at once. Ordering additional wallpaper at a later date may result in slight color or shade differences.
3. Failing to prepare the wall surface: Clean the wall and let it dry completely before installing the wallpaper. Any imperfections on the wall surface will be visible through the wallpaper.
4. Not allowing for enough overlap: Make sure to overlap each strip of wallpaper by at least half an inch to ensure a seamless look.
5. Skipping the test strip: It's always a good idea to install a small test strip of wallpaper in an inconspicuous area before committing to the entire project. This will allow you to make any necessary adjustments before proceeding.
6. Neglecting to trim excess wallpaper: Use a sharp blade to carefully trim off any excess wallpaper at the top and bottom of the wall.
7. Using too much force: Be gentle when installing the wallpaper and avoid using too much force, as this can cause the wallpaper to stretch or tear.
8. Where Not to Apply : Self-adhesive wallpaper is not recommended for use in areas with high humidity or moisture, such as bathrooms or kitchens. The adhesive may not hold up well in these environments, causing the wallpaper to peel or come loose.
Additionally, self-adhesive wallpaper is not recommended for use on textured or uneven surfaces, as the adhesive may not bond properly and the wallpaper may not lay flat.
It is also not recommended to use self-adhesive wallpaper on walls that have been recently painted or treated with any kind of wallcovering removal solution, as the adhesive may not bond properly to the surface.
Finally, it is not recommended to use self-adhesive wallpaper on walls that are prone to temperature fluctuations, as the adhesive may become less effective in extreme temperatures.
By following these tips and avoiding these common mistakes, you can ensure a successful installation of your self-adhesive wallpaper. With proper preparation and attention to detail, you can transform your space and enjoy your new wallpaper for years to come.
Also Read:- 10 Reasons to Choose Wallpaper for Your Home
For interesting Home decor Posts, follow us on Instagram.